Friday, April 24, 2009

Where are your photos?

Scrapbooking is something I've always loved as not only a hobby, but also as a way of preserving our family memories and history.

One of the things that really spurred me on was to be left an album of my Great-Grandmother's that (sadly) has absolutely no journaling in it, so now I have no idea who the other people are, where they were at, what the event was, etc. Anyone who might have remembered has passed away. Someday, soon, I will post a pic of this album.


The question I always ask is "Where are your photos"? If they are in old magnetic albums, or in a shoe box somewhere, I would encourage you to buy a cheap photo save pencil and storage boxes and (at the very least) sort, label and safely store the photos for the future.


I always thought I'd remember our picture details, but I sometimes don't and have had to have help recalling everything! You don't have to be into scrapbooking at all, just document the information for the future. Your kids and grandkids will appreciate it, I promise! Still, should you become enamoured with scrapbooking any time soon, I'd be happy to help you get going!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to check out your blog because I left you a LONG message on the CTMH BB! Post some of your artwork! I love your Backwoods layouts... come join us at http://bigredscraps.ning.com/ for more ideas & other artwork! ~Paula

    ReplyDelete

Mojo Monday Challenge

Mojo Monday Challenge
MOJO106

Earth Day

Earth Day
"Backwoods" paper pack

Adventure

Adventure
"Backwoods" paper pack

Cherish

Cherish
Quick Quotes kit

Captured Moments

Captured Moments
Backwoods paper pack

Scrappin'

Scrappin'
Me and my friends, Susan and Ann, at the Scrapbook Expo in Pleasanton, CA. What a blast!

Christmas background